Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Nonfiction Books on My TBR List

*By the way, I'm sorry about my review-slump. I hope to have some reviews up soon; I've just been kind of busy lately.

Top Ten Tuesday is a really awesome meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish! This week, bloggers were given a chance to choose their own topic, and I chose:

Top Ten Eight Nonfiction Books on My TBR List

1
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by: Susan Cain

I need to read this ASAP. As an introvert, I've often felt misunderstood and alone "in a world that can't stop talking," not to mention annoyed that some people seem to think that 'anti-social' is a synonym for 'introvert.' (It isn't. Just letting everyone know.) I hope that this book will be relatable for me and teach me a little more about the general concept.


2
Waiting to be Heard: A Memoir by: Amanda Knox

I kept up with Amanda Knox's case when she was on trial for murder, and the whole situation really dumbfounded me. I definitely want to read this book when it's released to learn more about what Knox had to go through before she was finally free to go home.


3
Last Words by: George Carlin

George Carlin is one of the most interesting people that ever lived. 'Nuff said.


4
On Writing by: Stephen King

I feel like this book is mentioned in every bookish corner of the internet. I've heard so many people say that all writers must read this, and I'm taking that recommendation. Surely Stephen King can offer some good advice.
 
 
5
Parallel Worlds: A Journey Through Creation, Higher Dimensions, and the Future of Cosmos by: Michio Kaku

I'm a nerd. I watch the Science Channel, and I see Michio Kaku talking in documentaries all the time. He explains things very well, and he's always talking about interesting concepts like dimensions and black holes. In this book, he talks about the M-theory, and I'm really excited to read about it!

 
 6
 Angela's Ashes by: Frank McCourt

I read an excerpt of this autobiography a little over a year ago, and it was quite sad, and people confirmed that the book in general was a bit bleak. (But, it's about poverty, what else could a reader expect, happiness?) Due to the more-than-likely depressing content, I've been holding off on reading it... I tend to get really emotional when it comes to sad autobiographies.
 
 
7
Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist by: Michael J. Fox

Michael J. Fox seems like such a nice person, spreading positivity in this book and also on nearby billboards. I'm sure Always Looking Up will be a very worthy read.
 

8
When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? by: George Carlin

The title explains my interest pretty well. Besides, George Carlin is a legend. (That's why he has two books on this list!)


I feel like I never read enough of nonfiction, and I always have this weird craving for it once a year. Is that normal? Anyway, if you have any nonfiction on your TBR, please tell me about them in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. I do not read enough nonfiction, but my favorites from the past year or so have been The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, Bossypants by Tina Fey, and The Daily Coyote by Shreve Stockton. I think I would like Michael J. Fox's book! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1tR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of the three you've listed, I've only heard of Bossypants, and I must admit I'm curious. Tina Fey's so funny! :)

      Delete